A bit about me.....

My name is Tiffany Tuinder, I'm 21 years old. I'm a Junior here at The University South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education in hopes to become a Second Grade Teacher. I have the best, supportive parents, Steve and Charlotte Tuinder. Two older brothers, Chris and Robert. I have 4 nieces and nephews, Nickolas, Adrianna, Brody and Allie-Grace. They are my world. I love to be outdoors rather it be four-wheeler riding, fishing, playing softball or just sitting on my back porch.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

HAVING SOME FUN

a picture of a caution sign saying fun ahead
Who say s you can't have fun and learn at the same time? I believe that students who are up moving around having fun learn better than those who sit all day. So my students will have fun in my classroom. They will be up moving around doing projects together or playing games. Games? Yes, you can incorporate games into learning. How? I will incorporate games for different subjects that will teach the students what needs to be taught but without their butts falling asleep. For example, a game for spelling, would be *Sparkle*, this is where all the students stand up, start spelling word that's on their spelling list, each student says the next letter of the word and when the word is all spelled out the last person says sparkle, then the person behind them are out. You do this with all the spelling words. It's competition who ever wins gets to pick from the surprise box. Students will want to get up and spell these words right. You can do this with any subject, it's a way to get the students up and moving around, so that they aren't bored all day. You have to remember if your bored as a teacher, then your students are surely bored as well. So no more sitting in that sit they need to get up and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment